Friday, July 15, 2011

The Adventure: Part sixth without interest!

I awoke upon this morning, only to realize that the room was not my own. By which I mean, I was in the Inn, not my meager house, which really was little more than a pile of rocks and bales of hay. I was never good at interior design, see, and the more I tried, the less of the house survived. So I ended up calling it quits and leaving it in such a state.

But this is a story about events, not my meager existence in a meager home within a meager village upon the meager coast of the large continent...

Oh dear, I just digressed. Anyway, I awoke in a mild condition of panic, as I knew not my surroundings. I began to flail about, until I had succeeded in throwing myself off the bed, and onto the floor. It was made of wood, and of a dark color, smoothed and still hard. And it inflicted pain when I crashed down on it. And then I realized where I was. I stood and stretched, feeling my motions being hampered by my clothing. See, I had only the clothing on my back and the money in my pockets. To change into pajamas would have been impossible, and I can't be expected to sleep...

And there I went again. Anyway, I left the room, heading down to the common area, where my new companion was waiting. Apparently, she had managed to carry more than I had thought... Or she had been staying at this inn before I had arrived. That said, I soon became a human pack mule, carrying her supplies for her as she left town. It took a while of talking before I realized what was going on. Let me recount this conversation.

"Excuse me, but what am I doing?" Asked I.
"Uh, carrying my luggage? What do you think your doing?" Was the sarcastic response.
"Well, that I know, but whither to?" Was my puzzled counter-question.
"Sheesh, I'm a wanderer, not a navigator. I just go. Stop asking questions." Became the aggravated response.
"But I-" I began.
"No buts you-" And here I shall drop that conversation, as it turned into one much like our first.

Eventually, I fell into a brooding silence as I realized I was being used, with no promise of repayment. It was not an enjoyable experience, but... Such was the moment. And I dragged my feet down the road, my shoulders sagging under the weight of her enormous packages.

3 comments:

  1. He's a fascinating character, as is she. I can't help but feel like I know her just a little, like I met her somewhere...but of course, I've been reading like a mad person recently and that definitely makes me see sides of characters I never saw before. Can I recommend some books (I know, I'm horrible!)?-The Westmark Trilogy, by Lloyd Alexander. It's a short read, but worth it. The first book is rather thin and a lacks a bit in the area of Florian (you'll understand that later), but the second and third are excellent. :D

    As to the writing-Good work. It's not typically what I tend to hear from you (where's all the emo?!?!? LOL JK) but I don't mind it, and as I said in the other comment, it makes me laugh. The way the writer digresses particularly is hilarious; I can see the human thought-process. Not quite like my own, but almost. Very much like yourself, I think. Then again, I wouldn't really know.
    The girl is funny. I like how they met. Very...fascinating. I see that you're a little less hesitant about dropping hints upon relationships...you never did that before, which I would assume is a result of your current relationship status. I guess you won't be needing any help from me any more when it comes to whathisname and whatshername on UFRP.
    I actually think this is pretty well-written, for a comically written piece. It's funny, it gets a point across, and yet...it's still funny. XD

    I digress. Will stop rambling now. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Another thing (yep, yep, yep)-you would be amazing writing Sheoth's euphoric side in a similar mood to this. Speaking of that, we need to get on the Kinara thing. Soon.
    And you need to reply to this comment. Sometime. Somewhere. Just not Skype. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what if I don't wanna? Huh? Ever think of that?!? I'll comment if and when and where and how I like! :P

    I will have to look that up. Sounds interesting.

    Aww, c'mon, there's enough room for random and crazy!

    I haven't exactly dropped any hints. It's just the musings of a man who is recounting a tale that is partially insignificant. But, I wasn't going to try and deny any kinda relationship between them. who knows. We'll see how that goes.

    Remember; This is about the adventurer/s more than the adventure itself.

    ReplyDelete