Now, let me recapture my thoughts.
Inn. Bags. Un-recounted conversation. Travel.
Alright, onward we went. And we went. And we stopped for a break, for hunger had struck us, but it was a short, speechless break and we soon found ourselves back upon the road. Then we heard it.
Yes, we heard it, for it was an unmistakable sound. It slapped and it plopped and it slipped and it slid. And it did everything it could before it ceased to be merely it, and became an actual, fully fledged slime.
Now, let me recount the slimes I've encountered over my life.
I believe my first experience was when I was but a lad of five years. A tiny blue slime hopped up to me as I was playing outside, and I took it in, not knowing the danger it could be. After trying to explain what I had found, and my parents not getting it, I decided to show them. The last I saw of the little monsters, for it had split by this time, was them flying over the ridge, and my fathers stern command to never, ever take in another slime.
Twelve was a good year. I can't remember why, but I ran into no slimes that year. Just thought it merited a mention.
And upon the thirteenth year, I had encountered a brute of a green slime. Now be aware, the green slimes are a lot sticky-er than the rest. And this one was a brute. Not large, mind you. Just thick, viscoious, and quite invidious. Upon my trying to smash the thing with a shovel, it only bonded with the shovel, and refused to move. I had to call upon the slimes inherent weakness to water to remove the dreaded beast.
That brings me to the purple bunny-slime encountered the day before. And this one.
Now, this was a yellow slime. They are known for being larger than most. Rather than splitting up front, they grow into a massive size before splitting into a group of 16, which separate ways and continue to do the same thing, a trait shared partially with the pink slimes.
The spherical mass of yellow jelly like substance rolled down the hill toward us, a trail of smoke following it's acidic trail. Yes, I said acidic. Yellow slimes are quite acidic. Most of the slimes are only a tiny bit, and can achieve little unless given the time. But not the yellow slimes. They come in a giant rolling mass and attempt to gather you up by rolling on you. You are melted by the acid, and added to their mass.
Perhaps I should save the detail until after dinner, for I fear leaving a stain upon the paper. Hold on.
No comments:
Post a Comment