Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just outside of reach...

Grass beneath the feet, and the sky overhead. It's a perfect day, but I don't feel perfect. I want, and I need, but the object of those feelings is not here. I look around. Infinity stretches to the left, and the right. Behind me, there is nothing, but in front of me, there is a wall. This wall stretches to the right and to the left for eternity, but in front of my, there is a window. Through that window is that which I so desperately want.

I reach out, and my hand meets glass. I could punch the glass, but it wouldn't break. I could ram the wall, but I would only break my shoulder. I could walk for eternity in any direction, but never reach the end of the wall, and only loose sight of that which I desire.

So I wait. Sun rises, falls, sets. Moon rises, and stars shine... Yet nothing changes beyond light. I want what's on the other side of this wall so much... I can feel the wind, running up my sleeves and down my back, touching along my spine and sending chills. A light rain falls, wetting everything.

My mind wanders. My imagination crosses the wall, but imagination can't fill in gaps that I have no concept of.I need to cross the insurmountable wall...

So here I sit. Soaked, windswept, sun-beaten, darkness wearied. And I wait. Some day, the wall will crumble, and I will be here. Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment