Friday, May 27, 2011

Vaulted; The Atonement

Excuse the lack of breaks and all. This was something that I helped write for a friend entering a contest. The bad news is that we didn't win. The good news... Well, It WILL live on (with modifications) in Domus, when I get back to that. So... Enjoy.

And, Vaulted; prefix means that I've had the post as a draft for a while, but nothing happened. So, Yeah.




As the Terran Emipre broke throughout the galaxy, a sector north of the Wyndham System, known as the Nemian Cluster, became a center of group reaching for independence. Being only a small system with only six planets, the Nemians were mostly left alone, and little attention was paid to them. After establishing borders, The Nemian's new found empire began to bid for power, gaining anything they could take. However, the treacherous and base nature of the politicians soon sprouted and rose, taking over the planets in a dictatorships. Several years passed, being spread with war and bloody conflict within the system, the value of life being considered lower and lowed. Amid the chaos, a leader of a small faction began to gain power, a certain Rozenn Cleorta, gained the power to become the dictator of Nemisar Prime, uniting the others through a strict regime, filled with manipulations and lies, her grasp on powering becoming a harsh, unbreakable and unmerciful iron fist. The newfound empire began to prosper and grow, but so did distrust amid the Nemian and their galactic neighbors. In the border disputes that began to become more and more violent, extreme actions were taken to ensure the control of the empire. A secret order designated by her began work at installing a geothermal power grid in every planet excluding Nemisar Prime. The hidden fact being that all had been outfitter with highly instable reactors, set to explode upon command from the throne of the empress. The uprisings continued, turning into full revolt, and Rozenns suspicious were confirmed. As the planets rebelled, her tyrannical and ultimate rule was opposed, her own advisors turning on her in the council chamber. Her last action of control was sending the signal that would destroy the smoldering ashes of her empire, before she died of a mortal wound inflicted by the last of the standing advisors, A man by the name of Verkir. The survivors of the devastation, calling themselves the Nemian Atonement, destroyed the last of the corrupted empire before beginning again, striving to keep the peace that their own past had violated, uniting under the leadership of Verkir. As the years passed after the conflict, the faction became renowned for their mastery of building within the fragments of the broken system, known now after the leader of their cause, The Verkir Debris field. Their ships are modeled after the concept of being "Swift as Justice", and they view themselves as the protectors of the known universe from a fate that is worse than a long war; The self annihilation cause by blind greed for power.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, you've posted a lot recently! I'm used to you mentioning it on FB and the other day I just stopped by to find all this writing had built up! As of yet I have only brushed over this post-I'm still wanting to read all the other stuff...but as to your music post-Very good! I like how you described people as not always paying attention to what they hear. I tend to be more aware of music than most-if there's an intense scene in a movie, I will know it's coming before anyone else simply because I've been listening to the music for the entire time. XD But there's something else far more fascinating to me about your music post.
    You have that ability to get people to really think with your writing, simply because you use yourself as an example. You have this stronger-than-usual allegiance to certain things and I think that if it makes me stop and think about things that I tend to disregard as small or unimportant then it probably does other people. Just a thought-I found it really interesting that you can do that with so few words. :)


    ~A.K.~

    ReplyDelete