Monday, April 4, 2011

Provider of light?

This was going to be about a lightbulb, but it changed when Mac RUINED the draft. Which had nothing, BTW, but was still annoying.




Oh, illumination of paths!
Revealer of the way before us!
How little can you offer to us that hasn't been here before?

I point toward your father, the torch. For many long centuries, he has reigned... Wind proof, heat providing, and capable of spreading.
Not only was the torch as that, but it also masqueraded as the candle; a smaller, more vulnerable version of the same idea. It was more manageable, and safer... Yet the edge of heat was lost, and fire became welcomed in the home.

Then along came a new guy, a man with a plan...
He took up the candles, and then off with them ran...
Where he went, nobody knew, but when he returned, new things he did shew!

A base made of metal... A cover of glass...
Inside were fibers, and power would through pass...
And he called it "Lightbulb". Or, was it "iBulb"?

It did the same job, but removed all the danger,
Or so he did say, while the prices climbed higher.

First tungsten, then neon, then helium, or was it halogen?
Of the elements I know not, and of the ones I know much,
He filled up glass tubes and came out with new ones...

"iBulb", "iTube", and "iBulb Eeny-meeny-teensy-tiny"...
And what all was new? Nothing was new.
You just bought a name, for an arm and a leg...
Now for more features, go ahead and beg.




Y'know I wrote this after an all-nighter? Second in the week too... So, forget reason. I'm a computer-aimed racist who hates Apple, and I butcher poetry.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny. Had me laughing like crazy when I began the first few lines.
    As to critique...why should I? XD It was after a week of insomnia; how is it supposed to be grammatically and poetically correct? :P

    ~A.K.~

    ReplyDelete