Somewhere beyond the fog, there's a place for me.
Somewhere through the uncertainty, past the shoals of unsteadiness,
Somewhere before the shores of rocky reliance, and after the waves of weakness...
Somewhere, in the middle of the blur, and the wet, and the wind,
Somewhere beyond the constant flux of changing winds,
There's the cool glade, surrounded by smooth waters.
The air is warm, and the sky clear... One can watch all around them, and see where they stand, yet not lose track.
Where one can stand, and one can laugh. One can cry, and one can see.
Despite all storms, despite all winds, they come and go and pass by.
When all is gone, that island will remain...
But I am not there. Here I stand, upon the deck of a ship, unknown by many, yet dreaded by most. Lost amidst the ever changing tides and storms. No piercing beacon of light to guide me... No hand to held guide me. No sense of surety to confirm that I am doing what needs done. I close me eyes, and when I open them again, the course is totally different. Yet I am in control at all times. I am in control, yet fail to recognize and control it. To be lost in the storm, with the means to be safe, yet lost as to how to reach the safe haven of rest... You know the words, and you know the path... All has been told and given you over time and time again of teaching.
Yet there you are, Lost in the fog,
Trapped in uncertainty and unsteadiness.
Trapped on the reliance, and lost in the weakness,
Amid the blur, and wet, and wind.
There you are, among the winds that change so much.
No smooth water.
The sky is clouded, you can watch and see nothing.
You can't stand, or laugh. Nor cry, nor see.
The storms and winds come and carry you away with them.
All is gone, not an island remains.
Yet, all is taken, and none is despised.
All is accepted, and you move on.
Wherever cruel winds may lead, farther from that island once sighted.
Who knows where you go? Who knows where the path leads?
You ride the waves, and trust that you'll make it through.
Knowing nothing, seeing all. Watching it all pass by.
Where do you stand? What do you see?
Who knows? Where does it lead?
Ride the waves, follow their lead.
They lead somewhere, and that's where you go.
Oh...I can't begin to describe how amazing this is. There's a few typos that need fixed that made it hard to read aloud, but it flows SO NICELY and I could see everything you described and almost feel it, too. This really does seem as if it was poured out from your very soul...
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is that there are a few typos and a lot of the word 'lead'...but I'm sure you can work up a few synonyms if you ever decide to edit this.
How you remain on topic is also pretty amazing...I always wander, only remaining on one thing for a few sentences and then jumping to another when I write things like this, but you manage to tell a whole story and completely flesh out the fears, beliefs, and helplessness.
-Argent Krystofel ♥
Heh, thanks. I just... pounded on a keyboard for fifteen minutes. Might send it in to a contest or something since I have nothing else. Would this count as poetry?
ReplyDeleteAnd, repetition was intended a lot, but Lead might need replaced, as it wasn't so much intended.
You're welcome. I have spent many a fifteen minutes pounding on a keyboard and never come up with something like this. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou could send it into a contest, but read it aloud to someone first...say, your dog. :P What I mean is that most errors are recognized when read aloud! So if you're worried at all about those when entering a contest...
Also, I don't know if it will qualify as poetry or not. Freeverse is so crazy nowadays. >.< All I can say is ask someone...because I don't know.
Oh, I saw the necessary repetition, and the repeats of the word were just fine! I was simply throwing a suggestion out there, hahaha. (plus, let me know if my criticism ever bothers you-I don't mean for it to and need to know my limits.)
-Argent K.