Friday, October 22, 2010

All the Worlds a Setting :: Part 5

"Sylvia, Get up. We're here."

"Ugh, just another minute mom..."

Sylvia's voice was little more than a growl as she was woken. It took her a moment to remember where she was, but that wasn't quite true, as she didn't really know where it was that she was. Gris looked at her, his chin propped up on a hand.

"I'm not your mother. In case you were wondering, We're at Bitburg. You've been asleep for a little over 2 hours."

"Ugh, my head... Since when does it take 2 hours to get to Bitburg?"

"Since the bus stop was invented. C'mon. There's been a blockage of the road further on. We've got a few hours to waste."

Despite many grumbled objection, Gris stepped of the bus, Sylvia following him at a slower pace. By now, her head had cleared, and she could tell that Gris was in a little brighter mood. Typical. Give him some time to muse on his own, and he's fine. Ask something of him... Sylvia stopped herself. She didn't want to think of Gris negatively, especially if they were to be working together for the next few weeks. She followed him out of the bus station, wondering where he could be headed.

"Um, Gris? Exactly where are we going?"

"All we need to know right now is the way back. Other than that... It's time to wander!"

"Seriously, remember the last time you wandered? 3 years ago... We go to a museum and you end up wandering all the way to the next town."

"Hey, I had good reason."

"You're museum pamphlet got blown away... Who are you trying to kid?"

"You've never found out what I was really after, have you?"

Sylvia sighed, letting the conversation drop. Always mysterious... Yet, always so open. Gris had always managed to keep his life as an open book, yet there were some thing that he kept hidden, deeply. Somethings that even a friend of many years wouldn't know. All she knew was that somebody had to remember the way back. Thankfully, Gris didn't wander too far before dropping himself down in the grass next to the road. Sylvia looked down at him, an incredulous look taking her face.

"What, you wonder out of the station so you can just take a nap in the grass? Did anyone drug you while I was asleep?"

"Nope. I just don't like crowds, that's all."

"Then why do you like to go into the pubs at home? They're crowded."

Silence met Sylvia's question. Not only was it difficult to explain to himself, but it was impossible for Gris to try to explain to others. He had absolutely no way to describe his reasoning, only knowing inside that he had his reasons. Sylvia wondered for a moment about his silence before dropping in the grass next to him, letting the questions slip. The stars shone down, single points of light combining into arrays of complex shapes... Gris rose to his feet, offering his hand to Sylvia to help her up.

"Alright. Time to move on."

"But we just got here..."

"It doesn't take hours to see a sky. Besides, you can see it from the window."

Despite not understanding his reasoning, or him, Sylvia took his hand, being pulled to her feet, then leading Gris back to the station from behind.

4 comments:

  1. Y'know, I doubt myself to much. I constantly hold back an RP post until I get a comment from someone else. True, human interaction is the basic part of RP... But, Writing is the tool from which it happens. I need to just write. So, Enjoy.

    *NO ROMANTIC ENVIRONMENT IS INTENDED, ALTHOUGH ONE CAN BE FOUND IF YOU LOOK INTO IT. PURELY UNINTENTIONAL. YOU CAN READ IN WHATEVER YOU WANT, BUT ASK ME FOR WHAT I'M GETTING AT, AND DON'T POST YOUR OPINIONS AS THE INTENDED MEANING.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!

    Well, I'm glad you updated. My favorite parts are-"All we need to know right now is the way back. Other than that... It's time to wander!"

    "Seriously, remember the last time you wandered? 3 years ago... We go to a museum and you end up wandering all the way to the next town."

    "Hey, I had good reason."

    "You're museum pamphlet got blown away... Who are you trying to kid?"

    "You've never found out what I was really after, have you?"

    And then-The stars shone down, single points of light combining into arrays of complex shapes... Gris rose to his feet, offering his hand to Sylvia to help her up.


    Sylvia has some interesting perspectives on Gris. I've enjoyed getting to know her, along with somewhat getting to know the "other side" or lighter side of Gris.

    Keep up the good work, bro!

    -Argentia Krystofel.

    *NO ROMANCE WAS RECOGNIZED OR READ IN.* :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually find myself sitting here, almost unconsciously begging for more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. More will come... But not immediately. I don't think. Yeah, Sylvia needs shown more as the character, and Gris shouldn't always be dark and brooding. So, He'll brighten up, with time and solitary confinement. XD

    ReplyDelete