Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Adventure: Part fifteen almost-forgotten

As you can probably guess, this is a writing from after the events. All of this story comes from my journals of the event, with the memories expanded and put in a better light, as my opinions at the time were quite harsh.

That said, even journals from during a trip can be blank in areas. And such was the case here. I last wrote of our journey through the swamp, and left us on the edge of the forest... The next page in my journal is one of arriving at a town. So, I will elaborate on what I can.

The night that I ended the last section with went by peacefully. We awoke on the next day, probably exchanged a few words and ate breakfast, but we ended up on our way. There was little event, else I would have written about them. Thus I have explained those days, and can continue on to the next town.

Tired, dirty, and in much of a bad temper, we finally arrived at the trading town on the edge of the forest. Here, many supplies were traded. Pitch from the swamps was gathered and brought here. Wood from the forest was brought here. Water from the nearby river came here. Wheat and other food based plants were brought from the plains. And above all these... People came from all over to gain the best prices and the finest wares, in terms of freshness and the connection to the source.

Naturally, we were tired enough to check into an inn. Naturally, we were dirty enough to throw our old clothing away and purchase new. Naturally, we were hungry and began to purchase the freshest and best of the foods we could find, and enjoy. Naturally, we fought over the bill. In the end, we ran out of money and had to work for the locals. With debts now paid, we departed, striking out toward the plains.

Now that I have written the almost forgotten, unbearably dull, uneventful events of this part of our trip, it is time for me to move to the next part...

No comments:

Post a Comment