While I was on a relatively short trip to regain my sister from grandparents, and we stopped at a restaurant. I saw something there that effected me deeply, so much so that I couldn't sleep until I'd written it down, so at 4:30-ish, i finished up with this. I've edited a little for more flow and remove the skype marks from where I was chatting to a friend.
To the girl at the resturaunt;
I saw you standing outside. You were pretty, but something was disturbed. you typically kind face was cold and reserved, your eyes harsh, yet detached, eyes that normally would have shone forth so bright. Outside, you remained calm, but inside the turmoil of some event or series of events was raging. Pain was apparent to those who looked deep enough, or those who recognized the signs from personal experiance. The way you hugged your mom/sister I saw the family resemblance either way, was not the way I hug my mother when I just wnat to; and open wide stanced, head on her shoulder hug... It was a hug of wrapping them around you, and burying you head in their bosom for protection... The outward calm and forbearance, yet the inside war raging. I wish I could've talked to you, learned more of person inside the storm, but to do so would've been rude. If people cared more, they would've noticed it all, but they were to busy to see what was obvious... The depths of feeling and expression, looked away behind the gates of sorrow and pain... I hope things go better for you, and I wish you knew that I hoped such.
I feel that it's odd. I don't even know if she knew if I was watching her. I tried not to seem intrusive, because I could see the pain. But, somehow, I feel like I've been brought into it. And now, it all comes flooding back when I'm trying to go to sleep, like it's telling me not to forget...
"Why?" I ask myself. "Why do I have to be so empathic?" I enjoy it at times, yes, but right now, it's just so awkward and inconveniant. And also, to a certain level, intrusive...
One of the things I fear is that this will feed into the various aspects of my characters... Mainly Katarin, but slightly into Sheoth, Seast, Ran'Dar....
Yet... It's not right to take someones life, and their feelings, and mold them to something that is completely different, All the while not knowing why they felt that way, and the context of those feelings.
You could tell she wasn't shy by her clothing. Nothing too flashing, but bright colors, eye catching desgin on the shirt, pink skirt... But despite all that, she seemed to be hiding from everything around her, except the lady that was a family member. Juding from the hug, I'd say mom but I don't know if sisters hug like I hugged my mom when I was frightened and in pain.
And, this wasn't just fear of something. She wasn't frightened of something that could happen. This was pain. Something that had happened, and it had the level of fear that it could happen again.
It was so deep. Yet she was only there for about 3-5 minutes....
3-5 minutes. That's all it takes for something to get inside you and rip you to pieces.
Wow...
ReplyDeleteI suppose I should clarify that. Wow, I never knew you could tell that much about someone in such a short time, and I never knew that you cared so much about things like that.
ReplyDeleteI know that sounds weird, but...in a way, what you wrote is pretty awesome. In another way, it's majorly depressing...
Only in REALLY specific cases. So don't count on it all the time! XD
ReplyDeleteI can be rather empathic to certain things, And this happened to be one of them.